Friday, February 18, 2011

All Words That Have Boqnspe

Marmalade Seville oranges (bitter orange)

Last weekend I spent in the beautiful Umbria, I found and bought many things edible . still warm eggs, ricotta, sausage, and vegetables. Then I was drawn to a tree, an orange, but Wild: The melangolo. With the bitter orange marmalade of us are wonderful, adattisisme to eat with cheese, besides for amazing pies. The tree in question is in the garden of friends of my sister, who at my request, gave me oranges, all of them. Then have a number of olive trees laden with olives that have not used this year, and I picked the olives.
got home I washed the olives, dried and put in oven for 10 minutes, and every day at a low temperature, otherwise you will cook for 10 minutes have become very good, have withered and lost their bitter, now the I put in a jar and I'll use for pasta, to cacciatore Tuscany, or to season.
oranges. I walked around the web and I found a beautiful (to me) recipe for marmalade Seville oranges, if you want to see the site is here

Ingredients for a kilo of oranges already cut:

1 kilo of Seville oranges (bitter orange)

600 grams sugar 100 grams brown sugar 1
orange
to squeeze a lemon small

Wash, Prick and soak for 3 days oranges changing the water 2 times a day. On the third day, finely chopped oranges, put them in a pot or pan with thick bottom, then add the other ingredients and turn on the fire, cook over low heat for about 1 hour and a half. Once cooked, put the jam in sterilized jars and previously upside down after a few hours you will create a vacuum and this allows you to not boil the jars again, please check the covers, if not boil had to be evacuated putting them in cold water for 20 minutes. Put them in the dark and wait 10-15 days before eating the cookie jar. With this recipe
participate in the contest "The gang of broccoli"


ugly picture but I watched them after cutting all the oranges ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment